GMC Sierra 1500 Earns J.D. Power’s Top Quality Rating for Light-Duty Full-Size Trucks
The GMC Sierra 1500 models have a great many things going for them. They look good, have a great interior, can be a star off-road, and offer a great many user conveniences. But GMC never forgets that a pickup truck is a tool, and the two most important qualities of a tool are effectiveness and dependability. Its size, payload, towing capacities, and useful details prove the Sierra 1500’s case for effectiveness. However, determining dependability requires time and preferably an outside source. That is why the Dieffenbach GM Superstore proudly announces that J.D. Power has given the GMC its highest rating for a pickup truck in its U.S. Vehicle Quality Study and Durability Study.
J.D. Power’s methodology is based on surveys of actual owners. They start by getting feedback from owners after the first three months of ownership. And this info forms the base of their Initial Quality Study. They survey these owners again after three years of ownership, and those results become the data for this U.S. Vehicle Quality Study. And in their latest study, the 2020 GMC Sierra was determined to be the most dependable full-size truck over its 2020 rivals.
Outcome Based on Four Weighted Categories
The survey responses are separated by subject and into four categories which are weighted for importance. This is how J.D. Power describes them:
Quality and Reliability (weight: 40%)
Sierra 1500 Rating: 86 (out of 100)
- Measures the level of defects, malfunctions, and design flaws experienced by vehicle owners
- Covers the entire vehicle from the engine to the infotainment system
- A higher rating means fewer problems
Driving Experience (20%)
Sierra 1500 Rating: 82
- Owners’ evaluation of the vehicle’s design, performance, comfort, functionality, safety, and technology comprise this rating
- Newer and recently redesigned vehicles tend to score better
Dealership Experience (20%)
Sierra 1500 Rating: 88
- Owners’ experience with this brand’s dealerships during the purchase and service process makes up this rating
- Key factors include customer service, dealership facilities, and the quality of work
Resale Value (20%)
Sierra 1500 Rating: 90
- J.D. Power’s forecast of depreciation (how much of its current value the vehicle will likely lose) over the next three years
- Lower depreciation equals a higher rating
The 2020 Sierra 1500 rated quite well in all four categories and notably had a very high resale value rating. For good reason, Quality & Reliability is given twice the weight of the other three. In the case of the Sierra 1500, its Quality & Reliability rating of 86 matches its overall rating of 86, which is the highest score for all full-size trucks.
Again, when it comes to full-size pickup trucks, quality, and reliability are what really count. That’s what gives you the confidence that the truck you buy will get the job done now and for years after. That is the GMC Sierra 1500, and there is no better place to find it than the Dieffenbach GM Superstore.