NASCAR Next Gen Camaro ZL1 To Look More Street Ready
NASCAR is one of our state’s most loved sports. The spectacle of stock car racing with familiar looking vehicles running the great tracks across the country. It is part of our heritage that continues at Rockingham Speedway.
For the 2022 NASCAR Cup Series, Chevrolet’s entry will continue with the Next Gen Camaro ZL1. However, you will notice something different about next season’s cars. It will look almost like the production model.
Not only that, the new Cup Series Camaro ZL1 will even perform closer to the production model, as well.
The new look and features of the Next Gen NASCAR Cup Series are a result of a collaborative effort by Chevrolet, the series and other original equipment manufacturers for race cars competing at the Cup level to look and perform more like their production counterparts.
The Next Gen Camaro ZL1 race car’s new lower greenhouse, shortened deck lid and widened track width contribute to a coupe-like appearance. A fully symmetrical body design makes the race car look even more like the production Camaro. Both the Next Gen Camaro ZL1 race car and production Camaro ZL1 offer hood air extractors that enhance track performance.
Other changes to the 2022 Next Gen race car include:
- Upgraded specs to match modern passenger vehicle technology, including independent rear suspension – like production Camaros – and rack and pinion steering.
- An increase in wheel size from 15 to 18 inches. The larger diameter wheels allow for larger brakes for improved track performance. Wheels will be made from forged aluminum, like the wheels on the production Camaro ZL1.
- A new transaxle that combines the transmission and rear gears into one package.
- The bottom of the car will be sealed with an underwing and rear diffuser for enhanced aerodynamics.
- A redesigned chassis features new front and rear bumpers with an energy-management system.
- Both the front and rear clips bolt on to the center section for easier serviceability and damage repair.
Chevrolet’s heritage at NASCAR dates back to 1955 through 14 different models. The result is Chevrolet being the winningest brand in NASCAR Cup Series history with 798 victories, 39 Manufacturer Championships and 32 Driver Championships.
While you cannot buy the Next Gen Camaro ZL1 racer, you can get your own Camaro ZL1 from Dieffenbach GM Superstore. Contact us to get your NASCAR champion today!